Setting Up Defaults in Sage Fundraising 50
Access this form using User>Defaults.
Use this form to assign a default template to use during data entry, quick gift entry, import, online gift processing, donate now processing, and Sage Fundraising Online processing. Each template is comprised of default values that are set up using the Template form. (Click the New button to begin this process.) You can create and share default templates to use throughout Sage Fundraising 50. For example, you can create a default template to use during data entry and also use this same template for quick gift entry.
Default Template: You can assign a default template for the following processes in Sage Fundraising 50. If you do not want to assign a default template to a process, select “No Default Template” from the drop-down list.
- Data Entry: Used when entering data manually on the constituent cards (Navigator pane>Constituents).
- Quick Gift: Used for quick gift entry (Navigator pane>Quick Gift). You can add all the gift information on one data entry form, so you do not have to change between constituent’s Gift cards.
- Import: Used during the import process when mapping fields from your data file (Administration>Import Wizard).
- Online Gift Processing: Used when importing online donations (Navigator pane>Online Gift Processing). You can update information on the fly using the Online Gift Processing form and still keep the original source file intact.
- Donate Now Processing: Used when adding information from your organization’s Sage Donate Now web page to Sage Fundraising 50 (Navigator pane>Donate Now Processing).
- Sage Fundraising Online Processing: Used when importing information from Sage Fundraising Online (Navigator>Sage Fundraising Online)
OK: Use this button to save the default template selections and close the form.
New: Use this button to create a new default template.
Edit: Use this button to make changes to a default template.
Cancel: Use this button to cancel any changes that were made and close the form.
Note these user defaults will override the Basic card system options (Administration>Setup>System Options).
You can also access the User Defaults form using Constituents/Quick Gift>User Defaults or Import Wizard/Online Gift Processing/Donate Now Processing>Defaults button.
Defaults are linked to user ID, so each user can have his own default templates. However, you can share default templates by selecting the Share With Other Users check box on the User>Defaults>Default Template form.